Spanish Garbanzo Beans and Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lb large cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets or 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt, to taste
- sausage, of choice
- Heat the olive oil
- Chop the onion
- Chop the anchovy fillets.
- Mince the garlic.
- Halve the grape tomatoes.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until soft and starting to take on color.
- Add the garlic, anchovy fillets and tomato halves and stir until tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the garbanzo beans and rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low until tomatoes are soft, the liquid has thickened slightly, and the flavors have melded: about 10-15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning: add salt if needed.
- Add sliced sausages before covering, or add whole grilled sausages at the end.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great flavor even without the sausage. I used tomato paste instead of tomatoes, regular paprika, regular pepper. Should have added some acid component, but even with those changes the recipe held up. It's pretty flexible. I drizzled more oil over finished dish and ate with a baguette for a small but filling dinner. Made two nice sized servings. Took fifteen minutes max.