Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
a silky, cool old-fashioned dessert, prep time includes chilling
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and gelatin in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
- Slowly stir in milk and stir until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved.
- Beat the egg yolks until light then blend a bit of the hot mixture into it.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the gelatin mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Mix in vanilla and then chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spool.
- Beat eggs whites until they form soft peaks, gradually beat in the remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the custard mixture into the eggs whites and spoon into 6 goblets and chill until firm.
- If desired, top with fresh fruit or chocolate or butterscotch sauce.
A leftover from childhood. easy to make and so light and tasty to eat thank you