a silky, cool old-fashioned dessert, prep time includes chilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1/3 cup sugar and gelatin in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
- 2Slowly stir in milk and stir until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved.
- 3Beat the egg yolks until light then blend a bit of the hot mixture into it.
- 4Add the egg yolk mixture to the gelatin mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 5Mix in vanilla and then chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spool.
- 6Beat eggs whites until they form soft peaks, gradually beat in the remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 7Fold the custard mixture into the eggs whites and spoon into 6 goblets and chill until firm.
- 8If desired, top with fresh fruit or chocolate or butterscotch sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Cream
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 87.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g