Strawberry Bavarian Cream
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- Drain strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in bowl, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add enough cold water to reserved syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into dissolved gelatin. Chill until almost set.
- Beat gelatin until foamy. Fold whipped cream and thawed strawberries into gelatin. Pour into 1 quart mold or into individual dessert dishes and chill until firm.
- Unmold; if desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with strawberries or other fruits.
Questions & Replies
What a lovely dessert, light, flavorful and refreshing. Just a perfect ending to our heavy meal. It was quick and easy to make with great results. Pretty to look at also. I love that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand. Next time I will add some sugar to the mix. I used berries that I picked and froze this summer. Thanks for sharing another tasty treat Teresa.
Great warm weather dessert, although I think we snacked on it to a point where there was little left for dessert, but then, I've always been a firm believer that desserts are at their greatest when snacked on or served BEFORE dinner! Anyway, this was wonderful, for sure, especially if you're like we are & love strawberries! Refreshing & simple! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>