Recipe by kamgriz
This is such a simple dish to make. It is loaded with flavor! Best when using fresh garden vegetables and herbs.
Top Review by oishieats
Wow! I had some leftover spaghetti squash from a previous recipe (which was terrible). Thought I would give this a try instead of throwing out the rest of the squash. I'm so glad I tried it. It was superb! Light and full of flavor! I omitted the butter and cheese (didn't have any), and it was still great. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash til done using any method you prefer- bake, boil, steam, microwave.
- When squash is nearly done, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender. (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper, oregano and basil. Simmer together about 5 minutes more.
- When squash is done, shred with fork, keeping it inside the shell. Toss with butter. Spoon mixture ontop of shredded squash, top with parmesan.