- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and sugar.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, for half an hour.