Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great summer salad for picnics.
Make and share this Spaghetti Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb spaghetti, break in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half, can use cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- 8 -12 ounces low-fat Italian salad dressing, depending on how wet you want it
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- salt, to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water until completely cool; drain again.
- Place cooked, cooled spaghetti into a large bowl; mix in tomatoes, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and olives.
- Whisk together salad dressing and seasonings and pour over salad. Toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Great recipe! I`ve been making this for years. Be sure to use a good quality dressing. it makes ALL the difference.
This was a tasty spaghetti salad. I cooked off a pound of spaghetti but only used about half because I thought it looked like to much spaghetti compared to the rest of the ingredients. I used 16 ounces of zesty Italian dressing. I'm not a fan of raw onions so I used a yellow and an orange pepper. I also used more parm cheese then the recipe called for. I used about four tablespoons of fresh grated parm cheese. I also omitted the dill and salt. We all enjoyed this.
Great salad! The only change I made was to use green onions instead of white and I added more veggies than called for. I took it to school to share with my colleagues and they really liked it! Thanks for sharing this quick and healthy recipe, Parsley. ***Made for Spring PAC 2012***