Recipe by yumyumum
This is our ultimate household comfort food...My husband's absolute favorite. It goes together very easily once you read through the recipe you'll understand.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
Interesting blend of ingredients that produces a very tasty sauce. However it was a little thin for spaghetti noodles, I will serve the leftover sauce over elbow macaroni and maybe add a couple tbs of tomato paste to thicken it. I cut this in half and reduced the amount of pepper to about 1/4 tsp and omitted the sugar as the tomato juice has enough for flavor. This is a great go to quick recipe. Thanks! *Made for fall 2009 PAC*
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 large onions, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 3 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons black pepper, more if you'd like
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 2 lbs spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon in a big kettle, drain on paper towels.
- In same pot brown the hamburg and the onions, about 15 minutes.
- Return the bacon to the pot and add the tomatoes simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add the black pepper, sugar and tomato juice.
- Cook your spaghetti in a separate pot, when done rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pot of sauce.