Spicy Chicken in Foil
Fast, tasty and easy--can't beat that. This is my husband's absolute favorite baked chicken. I serve with plain rice to soak up the wonderful juices. An easy dish backed in the oven, but also a great recipe to try over the coals when camping.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Put chicken on individual pieces of foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over each piece of chicken.
- Seal foil tightly and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 500°F.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. (It takes less time if you are using boneless, skinless breast pieces).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I really enjoyed the flavor of this recipe. I made plain rice with it, and poured the juices over it. DH and son's thought there wasn't enough flavor, maybe I might try adding more cayenne or some tabasco sauce. Also next time I might try putting the chicken in a 13x9 dish and covering it instead of the individual foil.