Shrimp and Spaghetti Gratin
From "La Bonne Cuisine--Cooking New Orleans Style". My husband's absolute favorite. Spicy(as you like) and cheesy.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 lbs raw shrimp, heads removed washed and drained for 1 hour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 - 3 tablespoons black pepper (your preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cut in 1-inch slices
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, grated
- Spread shrimp evenly in large shallow baking pan. Mix herbs, spices and seasonings and sprinkle over shrimp. Add lemon juice, butter, and Worcestershire sauce. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow shrimp to cool before handling then peel and discard shells. Don't worry about losing the seasoning with shells, the remaining sauce will be spicy enough! Pour remaining sauce into a container with a lip. Spaghetti noodles can be placed in individual casseroles (4 or 6) or one large casserole dish. Arrange shrimp on the spaghetti and pour reserved sauce over mixture. Top casserole with grated Velveeta. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbly. Tres bon!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION