Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mince (ground beef) is so versatile, this is one of my favourites.
- 250 g spaghetti (sometimes I use a little more)
- 1 onion
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 (410 g) can tomato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Cook spaghetti in large pot boiling salted water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Brown beef and onion together in medium pot and cook for 5 minutes, pour off surplus fat.
- Add tomato puree, cinnamon, bay leaf and salt and pepper, bring to boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Spread half the spaghetti over base of an ovenproof dish, top with half beef mixture, repeat layer of spaghetti and beef mixture.
- Pour sauce over top, sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered in moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- Sauce- Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour, add milk, stir until sauce boils and thickens.
this was very nice and eay to make, but we felt it needed aome spice. we added extra pepper, red pepper flakes and salt i will try this one again
Not bad. Felt it lacked a bit of flavour so next time will add some herbs/spices to lift it. Otherwise a great recipe and one I will surely use again and again.
This was such a simple dish to make. After reading the reviews I decided to add a couple of tsp of mixed herbs and smoked paprika. I also added panco breadcrumbs with some Colby cheese instead of parmesan. Super delicious!