Recipe by collettem
A very easy crock pot recipe that is absolutely delicious. This recipe originally appeared on budgetbytes.blogspot.com The meat can be served over rice, rolled up in tortillas, or put into taco shells.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! This assembles quickly in the crock pot, so it is perfect for those busy days when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. I'm always looking for quick, easy crock pot recipes to use in our RV when we are on vacation, and this recipe will be added to my collection. I served it over brown rice and topped it with Mexican 4-cheese blend, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
**Made for Spring 2012 PAC**
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 lb frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups dry rice
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Add everything except the rice,cheese, and cilantro to the crock pot and stir it well. Make sure the chicken is covered by the mixture. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time, cook the rice and set aside.
- After the 8 hours of cooking, remove the lid of the crock pot and stir the mixture with a fork to shred the chicken. By now it should be very tender and should fall apart easily.
- Serve the chicken mixture over rice and top with cheddar and cilantro.