Easy Yellow Thai Curry
photo by Zurie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 g) can yellow curry paste (Maesri brand)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- Saute the chicken in the vegetable oil until just starting to turn golden. Add the onion and keep cooking until soft.
- Add the potatoes and pour in the yellow curry paste and the coconut milk. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through. You can add a little chicken stock if the mixture starts to dry out.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, nice and easy!! The one star less than 5 is because I really wanted extra spices, so added cinnamon, cumin, fine coriander and fresh ginger. It was great, because my husband does not really like a strong curry. This was just fine. I admit I did not use chicken breasts (we really dislike them) and I used drumsticks and thighs with bone-in and skin-on -- so much more tasty! But never mind that, it was a lovely dish!! Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">