Zucchini Pizza Boats
This recipe originally appeared on budgetbytes.blogspot.com Super easy to make and very tasty.
- Ready In:
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash zucchini well, then slice lengthwise.
- Scoop out the zucchini flesh from each half using a spoon, leaving the halves about a centimeter thick. Save the scooped zucchini in a bow.
- Place the hollowed zucchini pieces on a baking sheet.
- Chop or mash the saved zucchini, then mix in the tomato sauce, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Refill the zucchini halves with the mixture, then top with mozzarella cheese and black olives.*.
- Place the tray in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.**.
- *Since these are supposed to mimic pizza, you could use other toppings (pepperoni, sausage, etc.).
- **The longer the zucchini is in the oven, the softer it gets, so if you want firmer zucchini, feel free to take them out of the oven sooner.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION