Crock Pot Taco Chicken
photo by slickchick
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 18 taco shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 cups refried beans
- Throw first 3 ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Serve in taco shells. Top with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve with brown rice and refried beans as a side dish.
- Double for the freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy recipe and very good! I used 2 cans diced tomato, 1 small can green chile, 6 chicken breasts and shredded them about 5 hours into cooking. Some homemade salsa and hot sauce on the side along with chopped onion, chopped olive, and the recommended sides made for an excellent dish to serve buffet style (I set out soft as well as hard tortillas). We also set out nacho cheese in a small crock with chips and trays with the sides in the middle. A definite keeper, thanks for sharing!
LOVE this recipe!!! It was so easy to make. Did add extra green chilies. Had soft tacos the 1st night. Made burritos another night with homemade refried beans. Best burritos I have ever made. This is also a great base to make taco soup. Can't wait to do that by adding some beans and corns. Will be using this recipe often. Thanks so much for sharing :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook healthy food for my family & especially enjoy making large quantity freezer meals for our meal swap! I also enjoy meal planning/cooking when we go on vacations. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">