Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. A healthy and delicious take on the original nicoise salad made with spinach, cilantro lime shrimp, Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onion, hardboiled eggs and black beans, all topped with a chipotle vinagrette.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deviened, tails on
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (can use less if too spicy)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- For the shrimp: In a small food processor , place the cilantro, 1/4 cup olive oil and garlic and process until it is combined. Mix the shrimp and cilantro mixture in a bowl until shrimp is covered. Heat a nonstick pan on medium high . When pan is hot , add butter and place shrimp in pan and cook until shrimp is pink , don't overcook or shrimp will be tough. Place on plate and let cool.
- For Potatoes: In a large skillet heat Simply Potatoes until heated through and browned, place on a plate to cool.
- For salad: In a large salad bowl or platter, layer spinach over whole platter or bowl. Starting from one side , layer the potatoes in a row, then layer the shrimp, then the black beans, the hardboiled eggs, the queso fresco, and the red onion. The ingredients should cover the whole salad in rows.
- Dressing: In a small bowl or food processor, mix the chipotle pepper, lemon juice , mustard and agave with a whisk. Slowly add the olive oil until it is combined with the ingredients and has emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with salad.