Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. A healthy and delicious take on the original nicoise salad made with spinach, cilantro lime shrimp, Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onion, hardboiled eggs and black beans, all topped with a chipotle vinagrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deviened, tails on
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1For the shrimp: In a small food processor , place the cilantro, 1/4 cup olive oil and garlic and process until it is combined. Mix the shrimp and cilantro mixture in a bowl until shrimp is covered. Heat a nonstick pan on medium high . When pan is hot , add butter and place shrimp in pan and cook until shrimp is pink , don't overcook or shrimp will be tough. Place on plate and let cool.
- 2For Potatoes: In a large skillet heat Simply Potatoes until heated through and browned, place on a plate to cool.
- 3For salad: In a large salad bowl or platter, layer spinach over whole platter or bowl. Starting from one side , layer the potatoes in a row, then layer the shrimp, then the black beans, the hardboiled eggs, the queso fresco, and the red onion. The ingredients should cover the whole salad in rows.
- 4Dressing: In a small bowl or food processor, mix the chipotle pepper, lemon juice , mustard and agave with a whisk. Slowly add the olive oil until it is combined with the ingredients and has emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Spinach Nicoise Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.4
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 179.8 mg
- Sodium 488.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
chipotle chiles in adobo