Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sandwich of mine won endorsement by "Better Homes and Gardens." It's a good sandwich for those of you who like the smoky flavor of chipolte peppers.
Marinade for the Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, such as Lawry's
Julio Cesar Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (low fat is okay)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 canned anchovy
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup garlic-flavored croutons or 1⁄2 cup caesar-flavor croutons
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Prepare the marinade and place the chicken pieces in it. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare the dressing and refrigerate it.
- Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side, discarding the marinade, and cut the chicken into strips.
- Toss the chicken with 3/4 of the dressing and the lettuce and croutons.
- Cut an oblong loaf of sourdough bread in half length-wise, and slather the rest of the dressing on the top side.
- Sprinkle the Italian Cheese Blend over the dressing.
- Place the tossed salad on the bottom half, and press down.
- Cut the sandwich into 4 pieces and serve.