Recipe by AmyMJ
My grandmother was a home economics teacher and a fabulous cook. This was one of my favorite meals that she cooked. Now, I make it for my family and it is one of their favorites as well.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (3 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine
- flour, to dredge chicken
- 3 -4 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Rinse chicken breasts and coat in flour/salt mixture.
- Lay chicken breasts in single layer in a covered baking dish.
- Dot with pats of margarine.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, fry bacon in large skillet. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Saute chopped onions in bacon drippings.
- Add olives, curry and salt.
- Crumble bacon and add to mixture.
- Add chicken broth.
- Simmer broth mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over chicken in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.