Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A simple grilled sandwich with a slight spicy bite.
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (I use hot)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices sourdough bread or 8 slices any sandwich bread
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- sliced jalapeno pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- In small bowl, combine the salsa, mayo, and green onions; mix well.
- Evenly divide the turkey over 4 slices of bread, then place a slice of cheese over each.
- Spread salsa mixture evenly over the cheese, then distribute sliced jalapeno peppers over the salsa mixture; top with remaining bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter over low heat.
- Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add more butter if needed, turn the sandwiches over and cook another 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
This was soooo easy. The pepper-jack cheese really makes the difference. My family really enjoyed this meal and I will definitely make these again. I served this with a green salad for a quick, easy supper. Thanks for posting this.
I was in one of those moods for something really different. This sandwich recipe fit the bill. My family liked the pepper-jack cheese because it added a little fire. This was so easy to make that my kids actually took over for me. A fun, quick meal and not much mess to clean up. Thanks Nurse Di.
Excellent! I added a couple of Morningstar Farms fake bacon strips. Served it with Balsamic Green Beans (30516). Very good combination.