Another dish with a slight bite from Thai Cooking & More
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 4 salmon fillets, with skin (6 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine soy sauce and 1/2 tsp wasabi paste; mix well. Spoon mixture over salmon with skin side down. Place salmon, skin side down, on grill over medium heat or rack of broiler pan.
- Grill or broil 4 to 5 inhces from heat source for about 8 minutes. Salmon should be flakey.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and remaining 1 tsp of wasabil paste & mix well. Taste and add more wasabi if desired. Transfer salmon to serving plates and top with mayonnaise mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I loved this and would rate it 5 stars for myself, but opinions in my family were mixed. DH, who admittedly is not a fan of fish, was about a 3 stars--he didn't like it as well as some other ways that I've prepared salmon. DS thought it was yummy, but he loves salmon! I loved that this seasoning was flavorful but not so strong as to mask the flavor of the salmon, and also that it was fat-free and sugar-free. The wasabi was not very noticeable in the final product, even though it was pretty potent before cooking. I think perhaps I'll try it with more wasabi next time. I skipped the wasabi mayo as I didn't feel it was necessary (and I'm on a diet!). Thanks so much for sharing, Beautiful BC! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.Reply
4 stars.. I need to make this again though, because DH the wasabi fan said that even though I added more wasabi than stated that he was surprised not to taste more of it in the finished salmon. This was quick to make, and I think that it's definiatly a recipe for us to work on becuase DH is very pleased with the overall flavour.. he just wants more of it LOL. Made for Zaar World Tour 2008. Thanks!1Reply