Delicious Turkey Melt
Taste of Home
- Ready In:
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, 2 slices of Canadian bacon and turkey, pickles, onions, and top of with another slice of cheese.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter as needed.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Haven't made this, but have eaten it thanks to "SusieQusie" who made it for my hubby & me when we visited her in Dallas. We've been craving it ever since, so she pointed me here. This sandwich is 1 of the best I've ever eaten. Thanks girls! Edited to Add on 10/23/06 - DH & I are in the US again, visiting SusieQusie & revisited this great sandwich as our spec request. This time we got a pic, but will be next mo when we return to Iceland b4 I can post it. Yum! Thx again.Reply
see 4 more