photo by newspapergal
- Ready In:
- Saute onion in half the butter till golden.
- Set aside.
- Heat non stick pan.
- Spread butter on both slices of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down in pre-heated pan.
- Put one slice of cheese, onions, chicken breast, one slice of cheese and then the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Continue to cook until bread on bottom is brown and toasty.
- Turn the entire sandwich and toast the other side and wait for cheese to get melty.
- SLice in half and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So good & easy. I grilled chicken breasts seasoned with garlic earlier in the day and then pulled the sandwich together with a salad for a quick dinner. My chicken breasts were pretty thick, so I cut them in half length-wise, which I think made them lay better on the bread, more flat. I made one sandwich with swiss and one with pepperjack for me & hubby. Both were excellent. Hubby dipped his in spicy mustard, while I ate mine plain. This has a lot of possibilities with various cheeses, etc. :) Thanks!
Riff this was a great idea. I made it even simpler by buying one of those roasted chicken at the grocery store. Cut it off the bone and made the sandwiches on hoggie buns. The kids would not let me add the saute onion to their sandwich, but I put it on mine. Served this with a cesar salad and it was a great quick meal for the hot summer nights. Thanks.