Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
There's a fiesta in every bite of of this tasty chicken dish.
Make and share this Southwest Smothered Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides with cumin and cayenne.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile combine corn, and salsa, and spoon over chicken.
- Top with cheese and jalapenos.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top each with chicken breast, and a dollop of sour cream.
I knew we would love this...it has all the ingredients we enjoy...I replaced the chicken with pheasant and used a hot salsa...very easy and tasty recipe...I topped it with Mexican Crema for an added tang to the dish...yummy...I'm keeping this one close by...thanks for posting it...:)
Yum. This was simple to make and very good. I probably added a little more cumin as I love it. Thanks weekend cooker for a nice meal. Made for your win in the Twelve Days of Christmas Event.