Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little more kick than ordinary chicken salad. Serve on lettuce or on rolls/bread.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, mild, hot, whatever
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, onions, red pepper, celery, olives, cheese and chopped cilantro.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, sour cream, salsa, cumin, cayenne (as much as desired) and use salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the salad mixture and mix to coat well.
- Best if allowed to chill for about 2 hours before serving.
This was pretty good, especially after letting it sit overnight. I did eliminate the sour cream, though.
This was really good, but I think the recipie calls for too much liquid. I doubled and quadrupled some veggies to thin it out some and got a much better product, just barely coated with this really great flavored sauce, but not drowning in it. Make sure you use GOOD salsa, because you can really taste it. *** Addendum: After sitting in the fridge for about a week, the veggies had sweated extra liquid out, so really be watching how much of the liquid part you use. Mine was icky and unusable after it sat in the fridge as leftovers.