Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken Breasts with cream cheese / green chiles wrapped in bacon with a mildly spicy sauce. Delicious!!!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Place 1 oz of the cream cheese and 1 oz of the green chiles in the center of each breast.
- Roll up.
- Wrap each breast with 1 slice of bacon in a spiral fashion. Use toothpicks to secure if needed.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 baking pan.
- In bowl, combine soup,mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
This is my new favorite meal! I didn't have any green chilies, so I left them out, but it was still yummy. Thanks!
Great recipe that can be used for company or for a weeknight dinner. I used all low fat ingredients- except the bacon!- and it tasted fantastic. Next time I will use fresh jalepenos and crisp the bacon before wrapping the chicken. I also added a few cut up new potatoes before putting it in the oven.
Excellent Dish! The sauce was nice and we enjoyed the meal very much. Thanks for sharing the recipe Ga Ga.