Chicken Breast Roll Ups
chicken breast rolled up in cream cheese and salsa, with very little preparation, cooked in a slow cooker. Very good for dinner parties, an supper.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 bunch green onions with top, chopped
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and add salsa, cumin, and onions.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast and roll up.(there will be leftover cream cheese mixture.).
- Place chicken breast seam side down in slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over each chicken roll.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is definitely another great (& easy) way to fix & enjoy chicken breasts! I used a thick & chunky (mild) salsa & cut back just a bit on the cumin! REALLY, REALLY NICE, & a keeper of a recipe, for sure! I've got all kinds of salsa recipes on file & certainly want to try this one with a homemade salsa next time! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]Reply
There's lots to love about this recipe. It's easy to make with simple ingredients and they are so delicious! I used medium hot salsa and it was just right for us! I added in some chopped black olives with the cream cheese (so good). Even my friends DH liked them and he hates just about everything! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Weekendcooker! Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game 3/09 LindaReply
see 9 more