Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice easy casserole. Serve with a dallop of light sour cream on top; if desired. Sometimes I add some corn to the chicken mixture.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce
- 29 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 3⁄4 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add rice, salt and diced tomatoes w/ pepper/onion. Heat through and pour into bottom of prepared baking pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over top.
- In same skillet, over med-high heat, sautee onion in the oil until translucent. Add diced cooked chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, pepper, salt, adobo, cumin and 1 tbsp cilantro. Stir and heat through. Pour over top of mixture already in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese over top. (then scatter optional sliced black olives over cheese, if using them). Sprinkle with 2 tsp cilantro.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Very easy and tastes good, too. Thanks for sharing!
I just realized as I was writing this review that I forgot to add in the diced tomatoes with chilis. OOPS! I did halved the recipe & left out the olives. Very tasty & none was left when dinner was over. I guess that means it was a big success! Made for Went to the Market Tag