Aunt Kathy's famous Seafood Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt butter in fry pan, add oil.
- Saute mushrooms, celery and onion in butter/oil mixture until mushroom juices are released.
- Add mushroom soup.
- Remove from heat and add hot sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, gently fold rice, cheese,crab and shrimp together.
- Add cooked sauce.
- Place all ingredients in a large, lightly oiled casserole dish, and bake for 1 hour at 325 uncovered.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We live in rural Alabama, about an hour from Birmingham. We have an extensive organic garden and live on a river. We also keep bees and breed Great Danes. Favorite cookbook(s) are the Three Rivers Series from Pittsburgh (Probably because that is where Kat is from). Cookbook collection is extensive, currently over 150 volumes, and we've tried something from every book. We travel regularly for pleasure and work, and buy a cookbook everywhere we go. Friends and Family also help with the collection. We also like CookWise by Shirley Corriher which explains why foods and ingredients react to each other in various ways. This book appeals to the engineer in Bob.