Recipe by TPubmgjbd
From the "Noteworthy" cookbook. I haven't tried it but a co-worker has and liked it. Sounds interesting.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- finely chopped peanuts (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute onion and celery in the butter, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture, one tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- When thickened, gradually blend in peanut butter, seasoning and chicken broth.
- Cook over low heat until thickened but do not overcook.
- This is best if you allow soup to cool then reheat to serve.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.