Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Phase I recipe
Make and share this South Beach Marinated Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Sliver 1/4 of the onion and set aside. Chop the rest of the onion. Mis it in a bowl with the vinegar, capers, oregano, and garlic. Combine 1/4 cup of this mixture with the slivered onions and set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with teh salt and pepper; prick well with a fork. In a large zip-top bag, comvine the steak with the remaining onion mixture. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat the grill or broiler, positioning the oven brioler rack so that the meat on the rack in the pan is 4" fromt he heat source. Removethe meat from the marinade, and place on grill over direct heat or on an oven rack set in the broiler pan. Discard marinade. Grill or broil for 4-5 min per side for med rare. Let stand 5 min before slice.
- Place meat on a platter and pour the reserved onion mixture over the steak.
Delicious! We loved the flavor that this quick and easy marinade gave to the meat. I ended up marinating the meat for about 7 hours and grilled it on the barbeque until medium-rare and it turned out perfect. I didn't make the reserved onion mixture for serving over the meat when done, I didn't think that it needed it. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper.