1/2 Photos of Sourdough Three Grain Bread (ABM)
I was inspired by Donna M's #32194, which I love dearly to create a bread with additional grains which would please my DH & DS, who love multi grain bread. So using her recipe as a guide this is the bread I created today. It turned out a beautiful loaf and was enjoyed by my men. I have to admit for someone who usually isn't fond of multi grain bread I found it pretty tasty too. I used flax seed meal as one of my grains because I heard from a doctor that flax seed is one of the most healthy grains we should be using. It takes so little to have big health advantages as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 314.66 ml proofed sourdough starter
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 709.77-828.06 ml white bread flour
- 29.58 ml white bread flour
- 59.14 ml rolled wheat flakes
- 29.58 ml whole ground flax seed meal
- 78.07 ml rolled oatmeal
- 59.14 ml potato flakes
- 1Place ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by the instructions of your machine.
- 2Select the dough cycle and start.
- 3Listen for the end of the first kneading.
- 4Do not let it raise in the machine since most sourdough breads especially those using wild yeast since they raise best if only raised once.
- 5As you take out the dough spray it lightly with a spray oil product to assist in the handling since the dough will be soft.
- 6Shape into desired shape.
- 7Let raise until double in size.
- 8(Sourdough breads usually take 3 to 4 hours to rise if they don't have added yeast.).
- 9If using a metal loaf pan grease well.
- 10If using a stoneware loaf pan lightly spray with spray oil then sprinkle sides and bottom with cornmeal.
- 11If using a round stone simply sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 12Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- 13Remove immediately from pan, lightly baste top of bread with butter or margarine and cool on a rack before slicing or slice with an electric knife which works well on hot bread.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Three Grain Bread (ABM)
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2632.2
- Calories from Fat 692
- Total Fat 76.9 g
- Saturated Fat 42.2 g
- Cholesterol 195.2 mg
- Sodium 4163.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 415.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 67.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: