Recipe by Valerie in Australia
I got this recipe someone had submitted in a Christmas magazine. It tastes fantastic and it's a dip that you can make the night before put in the fridge and just pop in the oven when needed. You can adjust the bacon to your taste.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread rounds (Extra loaf of bread if wanting to use for dipping)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked crumbled bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180c).
- Cut off the top of bread and save it for the lid.
- dig out pieces bread and save for dipping.
- Cook the bacon till crispy and put aside.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese till soft.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Place mixture in hollowed out bread.
- replace lid.
- Wrap in foil with shiny side inches.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours till dip is warm inside.
- Have bread for dipping and whatever vegetables.