Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe someone had submitted in a Christmas magazine. It tastes fantastic and it's a dip that you can make the night before put in the fridge and just pop in the oven when needed. You can adjust the bacon to your taste.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread rounds (Extra loaf of bread if wanting to use for dipping)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked crumbled bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180c).
- Cut off the top of bread and save it for the lid.
- dig out pieces bread and save for dipping.
- Cook the bacon till crispy and put aside.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese till soft.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Place mixture in hollowed out bread.
- replace lid.
- Wrap in foil with shiny side inches.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours till dip is warm inside.
- Have bread for dipping and whatever vegetables.
Everybody loves this when I make it. When there is any left, we like to roll it up in tortillas and slice them to make spiral snacks.
made this for football sunday... wonderfull!!! Everyone raved about it and was given strict orders to bring for every game. Best of all, so easy to make!!
I made this bread dip for a Christmas party and now this is my assigned dish every year. Everyone loved it. The only differences were I also added a small bit of minced garlic and a few cheese blends including asiago and romano with the cheddar. Great and easy to make.