These yummy muffins are quick and easy to make, and are wonderful for breakfast or brunch along with your favorite omelet. Sometimes I make them for a light supper to go with soup and a green salad.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 1 twelve muffin size muffin pan, or line with cupcake papers.
- In bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, sourdough starter and oil.
- Add egg mixture to well in dry mixture all at once.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.