Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These yummy muffins are quick and easy to make, and are wonderful for breakfast or brunch along with your favorite omelet. Sometimes I make them for a light supper to go with soup and a green salad.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 1 twelve muffin size muffin pan, or line with cupcake papers.
- In bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, sourdough starter and oil.
- Add egg mixture to well in dry mixture all at once.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
Was finished baking in less than 15. They would have been way over baked at 25 to 30.
Flavor was good but nothing exciting. They need more bacon and more cheese. Some of the sugar could go away as well. I would bake them on 375.
These were delicious this a.m. with eggs for brunch. As with Gayla, I too added a touch more milk than the recipe called for. Also, I decreased the sugar to 2 tablespoons which was perfect. Next time I will try adding a pinch of cayenne for a little kick. I got a yield of 12 well rounded muffins.
Delicious! They are great with soup, so I'm sure I'll be making them often through the winter. The only thing I did differently was add extra milk, as the batter was a bit too dry. I would expect to make adjustments such as this, though, when using sourdough, as the wetness of starters can vary widely. The recipe yielded 10 muffins for me. Thanks for sharing!