Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Mary Beth Roe of QVC. A change from the old mushroom soup recipe. My husband also likes to stir in chopped celery and more grated cheddar.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Return to kettle.
- Stir in tuna, sour cream, milk, mushrooms, salt and pepper, garlic powder.
- Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese and melted margarine.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.
Didn't have any mushrooms, used some green beans plus a mix of onions and bell peppers. Skipped the butter and drizzled a little olive oil (extra virgin) and balsamic vinegar over the top. Nothing to get excited about, but it was pretty good and a good way to enjoy tuna fish.
Thank you for a very tasty dinner tonight. I did take a few liberties with the recipe, using small shell pasta instead of noodles and fresh garlic and mushrooms. I sauteed the garlic and mushrooms with some red onion and red bell pepper. I also added some parboiled green bean pieces to the mix, too. Stuck to the recipe otherwise, but did salt to taste, rather than the amount in the ingredient list. Very good and very easy. I'm sure I'll be making this again.
Loved the topping. I added some celery but that was the only thing I changed. Thanks for a tasty recipe.