Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took inspiration for this from a cookbook called "5 Ingredients or less slow cook recipes" I changed up a few things and made this my own.
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- green onion
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Pour soup, sour cream and water into a bowl and mix well.
- Add italian seasonings and salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the sour cream is already salty so you shouldn't need much salt at all.
- Spray casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Place Chicken in Casserole dish.
- Cover chicken with the sauce you created.
- Sprinkle sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, and green onions on top.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes until the chicken is done.
- The sauce may seperate a little around the edges, but you can stir it up and it will be just fine.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Very good! I used my tomatoes from my garden. I think I would only add 4oz of water next time to make sauce a little more thick. Really enjoyed ,will be making this again.
Very tasty! I made it in the crockpot so it would already be done come dinner time. Probably could have used less water than the stove would require. I diced up tomatoes and added them during the last 15 minutes. I think green onions would be good too.l served it over noodles as suggested!
Not a bad dish, nice and creamy. Adding the sour cream early is ok for taste but not presentation. If it's just the fmily at home I wouldn't worry about it, but add it much later if you're having company!