Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
I actually got this recipe from a Bed & Breakfast that I once stayed at. I was so impressed with these muffins, I had to ask for the recipe. Much to my surprise, the pastry chef gave it to me and asked nothing in return. I lost this recipe and found it recently...OMG It's a keeper!
Top Review by sroop
Made these for a brunch on Sunday and they were very easy to make and DELICIOUS! They do make more than 12 muffins since mine ended up huge! I would go to 14-16. Mine were so big they stuck together but still tasty and everyone loved them! highly recommend!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix brown sugar walnuts and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Muffin: Mix butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Marble the brown sugar mixture through the batter using a table knife.
- Reserve a few tablespoons for sprinkling on top.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mix on top of each.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool.