Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Make the topping, in a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Using your finger or a pastry blender, rub or cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the muffins, in a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, sour cream, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, until well blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just blended.
- Divided half the batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Top with half the streusel mixture then remaining batter and remaining streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!