Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from The Dinah Shore Cookbook (1983) at the request of a Zaar member.
Make and share this Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- NUT TOPPING----------------.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- Pur half of batter into a greased 10 3/4 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of nut topping; add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining nut topping.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
after reading the other comments that this cake was a little dry, i tried adding 1/2 a small box of instant pudding. it was great, and very moist, next i'm going to try a different flavor of pudding.
Can't imagine this cake being dry because mine is always very moist. It is a very good basic recipe and I have used full fat yoghurt rather than sour cream with excellent results. Also have made it in a loaf pan (our preference) and baked for approx. 1 hr. Thanks for a reliable and easily made coffee cake.
Wonderful coffee cake; no issues with being dry. Made as directed, but I cut down the amounts of topping sugars just a bit. This is one of those cakes that just gets better and better. I put it into a 9x9 pan (buttered and floured prior to baking). Love it!