Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Well, there isn't any sour cream in this cake, I used lowfat yogurt instead, but the original recipe that I adapted did use it (Mennonite cookbook, Sour Cream cake). Use any fruit you like. I had lots of cherries.
- Mix egg yolks, lemon rind and juice, sugar and yogurt together.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, salt and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in cherries or other fruit.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (if you can, great, otherwise a bit watery is fine) and mix inches.
- Pour into greased loaf pan
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.