Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream sugar and butter together add eggs, bananas and sour cream; mix well, sift flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Stir into banana mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan bake for 50 minutes at 375°F.
- This recipe lends itself well to doubling.
Great recipe! This has become my standby whenever I have leftover bananas. I used fat free sour cream because that's what I had around the house, and it turned out fine. I also doubled it, as suggested, and it was really easy. So moist and a great texture. Thanks!!!
Try with 1/2 tsp. Salt and 1 more banana
This was good but I think there's some type of liquid missing. It was a little dry. The batter was super thick but I wanted to make it as written. I think some vegetable oil would make it better and a lot moister.