1 hr 30 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This recipe is from that lovable NY "Soup Nazi", Al Yeganeh. "Customer Rules: Pick the soup you want, have your money ready and move to the extreme left after ordering!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) lobsters
- 12 medium raw shrimp in shells
- 24 mussels, well scrubbed
- 12 sea scallops
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup fresh spinach, well rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Combine the white wine, bay leaf, onion, garlic and celery in a large
- 2stock pot over medium heat. Boil. Add the lobster, cover the pot.
- 3and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the lobster, set aside and cool.
- 4Add the shrimps to the boiling broth, cover the pot and steam for
- 55 minutes. Remove the shrimps with tongs, set aside and cool.
- 6Add the mussels, cover the pot and steam until they open,
- 7about 5 minutes. Remove the mussels with the tongs,.
- 8extract the meat and discard the shells.
- 9Add 2 cups of water to the liquid in the pot, bring to a boil and
- 10add the scallops. Cover the pot, and steam for 3 minutes.
- 11Remove the scallops with the tongs.
- 12Extract the lobster meat, reserving the shells. Peel and devein the
- 13shrimps, reserving the shells. Chop the meat into bite-size pieces,
- 14cover and set aside.
- 15Return the lobster and shrimp shells to the broth and add 2 more
- 16cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for
- 1730 minutes. Strain the broth and return it to the pot. Discard shells.
- 18Bring the broth to a simmer over low heat. Add the cream, milk and
- 19herbs and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 20Add the seafood and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and
- 21carrots and simmer another 2 minutes to just wilt the spinach.
- 22Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soup Nazi's Seafood Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 851.1
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 38.0 g
- Cholesterol 376.9 mg
- Sodium 691.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 41.6 g