Recipe by Bluenoser
Entertaining is a breeze when you prepare these roll-ups ahead of time. let them cook while you are busy with other chores
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, dried ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or half and half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between two sheets of waxed paper or foil.
- Pound with meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place each chicken piece on a prosciutto slice.
- Spread top of each chicken piece with mustard and sprinkle with sage.
- Starting at short end, roll each breast up jelly roll style.
- Place in crockpot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add wine and broth.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to juices in crockpot.
- Turn to HIGH.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk or half and half.
- Stir into mushroom mixture in crockpot.
- Cover. Cook HIGH 20-30 mins, til thickened, stirring once.
- Serve chicken rolls over pasta or rice.
- Top each serving with sauce.