1/4 Photos of Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
If your like me, you'll like these over the crispy version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
- 4Gradually stir in dry mixture just until blended.
- 5Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls then roll in colored sugar.
- 6Refrigerate balls for at least 20 minutes or freeze until ready to bake.
- 7Place cookies 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- 8Bake in a 350°F for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned at the edges.
- 9Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g