Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If your like me, you'll like these over the crispy version.
Make and share this Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
- Gradually stir in dry mixture just until blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls then roll in colored sugar.
- Refrigerate balls for at least 20 minutes or freeze until ready to bake.
- Place cookies 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in a 350°F for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned at the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire rack.
I never rate anything but these are delicious! I let the dough refrigerate for two hours and it rolled out perfectly! Thanks so much for the recipe!
Help! I can't stop eating these cookies! I only use RecipeZaar (always have) and searched high and low for a s.c. recipe to add M&Ms to (like the ones you buy at the bakery). These are soooo good! The only alteration I made was I only had 2 sticks/cups of butter so I did 1/4 cup of smartblend margarine. Delicious, and easy ingredients you always have on hand.
I agree with Chef#1375887...I can't stop eating these delicious cookies. I made these for a homeschool project for my pre-K sweetie and only needed one cookie for the project and now I have to eat the rest! YIKES! Great recipe and will surely use again! Thanks for sharing Hurley! :D