Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Ya so it is kinda cheating- BUT these come out so good everytime. Fast, simple and easy. Just don't tell 'em you cheated! They keep for 6 months in the fridge but always disappear faster than that! A family recipe here in TX.
Top Review by LiisaN
WOW!!! I wanted to try these and am very pleased that I did! I scaled down to a quart size jar - because I wanted to test before going a full gallon. I used fresh dill instead of a typical dill head -- and was happy with the result. I've made dills the tradional way - and honestly, this is far more convenient and quick and most likely will be my new way of doing dills! YUMMY!!!
- 3785.0 ml dill pickle, whole
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 8 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml vinegar
- 78.07 ml canning salt
- 1064.65 ml water
- 1 bunch dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove pickles from jar and discard juice.
- Put some dill in bottom of empty pickly jar.
- Slice pickles into circles and add to jar along with onion and garlic cloves.
- Top jar with remaining dill.
- Boil vinegar salt and water and pour over pickles in jar.
- Replace jar top and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator.