Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favorite I love them my Mom does not make enough of them.
Make and share this Snickerdoodles recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream shortening, butter, the 1&1/2 cups sugar, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls, press into sugar cinnamon mix and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for around 10 minutes, or until dough starts to turn a nice, golden brown.
These were great! They made a lot of cookies too, I think I got up to 6 dozen from one batch. I used parchment paper so the cookies wouldn't stick, and rolled them in a mixture of cinnamon and colored sugar for a more festive look. I added a little bit more vanilla to the batter after the first batch because the cream of tartar was pretty strong to my taste, but after adding another tsp of vanilla they were perfect.
Delicious cookies, but mine turned out pretty flat. I put them in the refrigerator for a bit to firm up the dough and that helped a little, but they still flattened out a lot. They were really tasty though!
Wonderful recipe! I used palm shortening (which is non-hydrogenated) instead of Crisco, and they were perfect!