Soft 'n Chewy Snickerdoodles
These have ALWAYS been my favorite cookie! Every time I make them they're practically gone before they've cooled! Definitely a family favorite of ours.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to roll cookies in)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to roll cookies in)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients, stir into first mixture.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts, and roll in mixture of 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- *** If you have trouble with your cookies not spreading out enough when they bake, just use a glass or the palm of your hand to flatten them slightly before putting in the oven.
- Bake 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation