Soft 'n Chewy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Vegan lady
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cream together the brown sugar and peanut butter in a medium-large bowl.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla extract, soy milk and stir.
- To the bowl add the baking soda, salt and flour.
- On a greased cookie sheet drop dough by tablespoon and flattened with the prongs of a fork. You may need to spray the fork with cooking spray before doing this so the dough does not stick.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes (eight minutes for super soft and 10 minutes for a bit crunchy).
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to a rack to cool more or eat warm!
- *You may get about 18 cookies out of the recipe depending upon how large you like them!
They went over well at a party. Very Peanut buttery so good for the PB Lovers heart. A little sweeter than I expected though so I will probably only do a cup of sugar next time, but I also did half dark brown sugar / half white sugar since I didn't have light brown. Chocolate chips really do well in this cookie! I did some with and some without. You CAN find vegan chocolate chips without the milkfat. It's worth it. :D When you taste the raw dough it doesn't taste very good, so don't go off that thinking it doesn't taste good. In my search for a vegan pb cookie recipe I also came across this single serve recipe, which is essentially the same recipe as shown here but for one - http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/07/26/single-serving-peanut-butter-cookies