Awesome Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups teff flour (we use Bob's Red Mill Teff Flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or plain salt even)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (which can be replaced by agave nectar, if you can't eat syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or any vegetable based)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (Frontier makes gluten free vanilla)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a food processor blend syrup, oil, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, blend well.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls.
- Place on a slightly greased cookie sheet and flatten gently with the tines of a fork.
- Bake about 13-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am looking for recipes and foods for my brother. He has been diagnosed with 'Leaky Gut' caused by an overgrowth of candida yeast.The foods are getting harder and harder to find as the diet goes on because we want to give some vareity. He can't eat soy, eggs, dairy, gluten or sugar. To top it all off this has to be low carb. I hope to find some recipes, make substitutions when I have to so that I can find something for him to eat. I'll be sure to post any new recipes here and a few other sites for people with leaky gut.