Soft 'N Chewy CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES
photo by Jadelabyrinth
- Ready In:
48 sandwich cookies
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cakes mixes, eggs and oil.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets, flatten slightly with back of spoon or fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually, until smooth and spreadable.
- Color with a few drops of food coloring, if desired, for any occasion.
- Spread half of the cookies with filling and top with remaining cookies.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made cake mix cookies many times before with the cookie portion of this recipe and they always turn out great. I only bake mine 6-7 minutes though. I did make homemade frosting using my own recipes. I used some leftover oreo frosting and then I made a batch of cherry frosting. Both ways the sandwiches taste fantastic! I got 83 cookies, or 41 sandwiches.
This recipe has been a favorite treat for years. I have been making them since I was a teenager and they never last long when I do. I originally got the recipe from Taste of Home. They look so pretty that a friend of mine was sure I bought them at a store when I took them to a Christmas party a few years ago, and they couldn't be easier to make. Thanks for posting. : )