Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are looking for a knock-the-socks off delicious recipe that's, easy and healthy, this is the one for you. It goes together quickly and you'll love how good it smells while it's cooking! I found this on http:www.veganyackattack.com in the best of 2012 section. You can of course use fresh or frozen corn, but I'm including the recipe as written.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup onion, Diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, Drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, Drained and Pureed (or use cream-style corn)
- 1 1⁄2 cups no salt added vegetable broth
- 1 cup soymilk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons liquid, aminos or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, Chiffonade Cut (or 2 T dried)
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach, Packed (then chopped)
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. When the pot is hot, start sauteing the onion for 2 mins., then add the minced garlic to the mixture. Sauté for another 2 minutes or until the onions become more clear.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and sauté until they start to reduce in size and become soft. Stir in the whole kernels of corn as well as the pureéd corn mixture, veggie broth and non-dairy milk.
- Shake the nutritional yeast over the top, to dissolve it quickly. Then, add the liquid aminos, paprika, and onion powder to the soup. Bring to a boil, and adjust heat so that it becomes a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir the spinach and basil into the mixture about 5 minutes before you are going to serve the soup, and add salt and pepper to taste.