Recipe by princess buttercup
Cheesy, a bit zippy sausage soup.
Top Review by Cincichic
I added 2 celery ribs and 2 carrots and sauteed them with the onion. Then I added the diced potatoes and 1 cup chicken stock. Once the potatoes were soft, I used the potato masher to mash about half of the mixture. This gave the soup a thicker teture without using flour. Towards the end, i added 1/4 teaspean of tumeric and a dash of hot sauce. The soup had great texture and depth. I'd definitely do this one again.
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut in coins
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded (sharp)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan boil potatoes in water until they start to get tender.
- Add onions, salt, sausage, black pepper, cayenne pepper and beer.
- Simmer until potatoes are completely tender.
- Add half and half and cheese and simmer until cheese melts (Add thickener if you prefer, flour, corn starch, or instant mashed potatoes).